Cure for a cold soup recipe
Lemony Red lentil & Rocket Soup - serves 4-6
1) Fresh Garlic - up to 3 cloves depending on your taste
2) Fresh ginger - about 1/2 a cup grated
3) Fresh red chili - 2-4 large or small (depending on your taste) sliced into thin rings
5) 2 Fresh lemons
6) 1.5L - 2L boiling water (depending on how thick you like soup)
7) 2 tablespoons cooking salt or 1-2 stock cubes/liquid stock (I just use salt)
8) 3 Cups red lentils or two tins of cooked lentils
9) 2 generous handfuls of rocket
10) Fresh coriander - 1/2 - 1 bunch depending on your taste.
1. Boil water in kettle.
2. In a med-large saucepan saute ginger, chili and garlic in oill.
3. Add lentils and stir in for a minute or two.
4. Add rocket, stir until wilted.
5. Add boiled kettle water (or liquid stock) making a ratio of about 2:1, water:lentils. Bring to the boil and add salt or stock (if using cubes or powder), stir, then reduce heat to a low simmer with lid on for about 30 mins.
6. Squeeze juice out of lemons and removed pips then with a spoon scape out the lemon flesh and keep aside with lemon juice.
7. Dice coriander.
8. After 30 minutes turn off stove. Add lemon juice and flesh and coriander. Stir.
9. Serve as is or with two spoons of Coconut Yoghurt or plain Greek yogurt (dairy promotes mucus production so if you have a cold I recommend leaving it out).